This post is sponsored by Target.
Hi My Loves!!
Today I'm going to show you how to pack your toiletry/makeup bag for a weekend getaway, with items found at the drugstore. Whether it's a family vacation or a work trip, these items will get you through your weekend, feeling clean and looking fabulous. Everything shown in this post (except one item) can be found at your local Target including the toiletry bag as well. I've got you covered from skincare all the way to mascara and lip gloss.
Let's get started.
My toiletry bag is by Caboodles. I actually have had this for a while now and use it every time I travel. It is still available at Target, so if you like it (I LOVE IT) then you can still get this. Or at least at my Carson City Target you can. It's durable, fits a lot and I love that it stays up right with big handles. It's super convenient to use and see everything you have.
It's nice because the top part can hold your makeup brushes or liners. It also has little pockets around the sides to store extra things. I've fit everything shown in the pictures below into this bag with more room to spare, so it really can fit a lot.
Here's my skin, hair and body care. The only item that can not be found at Target is the BioScriptives Repiderm which is my acne treatment.
1. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes ~ I love these wipes. I use them on my eyes to remove all my makeup as well as my face. I've used these for a while now and think they are some of the best out there. They remove everything off of your face and leave your skin feeling soft. They don't break me out either.
2. Boots Botanics Micellar Cleansing Solution 3 in 1 All Bright ~ This is a really great, gentle but effective cleansing water. I use it like a toner after I have washed my face to remove any extra makeup or dirt that's still on my face. It's also gentle enough to use on the eyes as well and removes any extra eye makeup that might have been left.
3. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Scrub ~ Now I don't use this on a regular basis but in these types of situations where you are limited on space, I think this is the item that you can get a travel size of and use something you don't normally use without having any problems. I usually find that if you are using a different wash with the same toners, makeup removers and creams etc, it's not too big of a deal to switch that product. So if you are limited on space, you can either buy a little travel size like this or buy a smaller empty travel size container and use your favorite cleanser. I have used this one before though and it was nice.
4. BioScriptives Repiderm ~ I love this stuff. It's an acne treatment that I also moisturizes my skin and leave it feeling super soft and silky without the drying. You can find this online but it's my absolute must have product. If you suffer from acne and have sensitive skin, you need this.
5. Boots Botanics Night Cream Triple Age Renewal ~ This is an awesome night cream. I got it a while ago and it's awesome for aging skin but it doesn't break me out. It's rich but not too much for my skin. I highly recommend this.
6. Boots Botanics Triple Age Renewal Eye Cream ~ This is my absolute favorite eye cream. It's amazing. You can use it day and night. It's not oily or anything so it doesn't ruin your makeup if you use it underneath. It's lightweight and absorbs quickly but it really does help the undereye wrinkles.
7. Softsoap Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Infusions Body Wash ~ I always buy this when I travel. It's cheap and convenient. It smells nice and it's small. Enough said.
8. L'Oreal Total Repair Shampoo & Conditioner ~ Now this is another one of those products that I recommend just buying a travel size of if you are not too particular about the shampoo and conditioner you use. I usually wash my hair once in a weekend getaway so for me it's not a huge deal. However if you are very particular, this was actually on clearance for .68c so you are better off buying these, dumping them out and filling up with your regular shampoo and conditioner. Or just use it :) Whatever floats your boat. It smells nice.
9. Vaseline Rosy Lips ~ I think it's always important to keep some kind of lip balm with you when you travel. This is super small and cute and it has a rosy tint.
10. Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play ~ I actually have the big one of this hairspray and it works very well. It's a volumizing hair spray and doesn't get crispy. Travel sized hairsprays are always the way to go and they usually have a nice variety in the travel section.
11. Polident ~ Now this is just for me because I have Invisalign and use this to clean my trays and keep them fresh. It's cheap and only takes 3 minutes.
12. Colgate Optic White Toothpaste ~ I love this toothpaste. This comes with me every time I travel. It whitens really well and leaves your breath fresh.
Now onto the makeup. My favorite part. There are also some new items in there that I haven't tired yet but they seem rather exciting. So you have a what's new at the drugstore and getaway makeup in one.
1. Pixi by Petra Palette Bronzette Summer Glow ~ This is a great palette. The shadows are really pretty and have a nice variety. This also works as your bronzer/contour shade and the blush and highlight in this are so gorgeous. They give your cheek such a beautiful glow. It's always nice to have options when you travel without having to pack too much.
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder ~ Now I have never actually tried this. I just picked it up but I've heard amazing things about it from a lot of people and my friend Anna Saccone recommended it, so I thought at $3.99 it's worth a try.
3. L'Oreal True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator in N202 Rose & W102 Golden ~ I just picked this up today as well. I tried it when I got home and they are both gorgeous. The rose one is a white pink cool toned highlight and the golden is a golden highlight. These are very fine and absolutely gorgeous. They give a beautiful glow. Finally a good drugstore highlight under $10! You need to pick this up!
4. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse ~ I picked this up in England but they do have this available in Target here. I actually tried this out when I forgot my foundation when I stayed at my Nanny's house and this is what she uses every day. It's friendly on the wrinkles, has nice coverage and lasts really well. It also really helps with the shine if you are oily. Overall it's a very nice drugstore foundation.
5. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment ~ This is another great drugstore option for concealer. I used this for years before I found a high end one I loved. I do have another option that I love even more that is new from Maybelline but I couldn't find it at my Target so I didn't show a picture but it's the Maybelline Better Skin concealer and it's AMAZING! I use it every day. But this one is also really good.
6. NYX Auto Lip Pencil in Hot Fudge ~ Nyx has awesome lip liners. They are creamy and pigmented and affordable.
7. Maybelline Color Sensational Matte in Clay Crush ~ This is new to Maybelline. They are matte lipsticks. I picked it up in hopes that it wouldn't transfer to my Invisalign but it was wishful thinking haha. It does transfer but it is a gorgeous color. It's a dark nudey mauvey brown. It's actually a very Kylie Jenner color. It's a nice formula and very creamy. The matte is nice and not drying.
8. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm ~ This is a really gorgeous nude matte lip color. Again, it does transfer onto my Invisalign but it's a beautiful color and compliments the lipstick above nicely.
9. Maybelline Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencil ~ These are insanely pigmented. It's awesome for your waterline if you want a nice smoky eye or a little more dramatic for the night time. It's also a great base if you are doing a super dark smoky lid.
10. NYX Micro Brow Pencil Taupe ~ This is super awesome for a brow pencil. I just tried it out today and I couldn't tell the difference between my Anastasia eye brow and the NYX eyebrow. So it's an awesome drugstore option if you have ashy eyebrows and don't want to spend a bunch of money ;)
11. Maybelline Color Blur 50 I Like To Mauve It ~ I love these! They don't get on my Invisalign and they are an amazing matte lip pencil. I've had so many compliments when I wear this color and they don't dry my lips out. If you like matte lip color, you will love this. It's pigmented, easy to use, creamy and lasts a long time.
12. Sonia Kashuk Pink Whisper Lip Liner ~ This is a really pretty pinky nude lip liner. They are nicely pigmented and works well with pink or nude colors.
13. L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara ~ We all know I'm OBSESSED with this mascara. It's my holy grail. I use it all the time. I take it on every trip. It doesn't transfer to my upper or lower lid. It gives me long, full, dramatic lashes and I can't give it up.
14. Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art 080 Desert Dazzle, 100 Topaz Twinkle & 090 Burnished Bling ~ These are new. I haven't used them before but they look right up my alley and a fun way to snazzy up your day time makeup to night. One side is a cream shadow and one side is a glitter. You can use it as a glitter liner or layer it over your shadow color. I'm super excited to try these and I think these are an awesome way to add sparkle to your look without having all of the mess of loose glitter. Plus you can use these as your eye base for the other colors of shadow in your other palettes for a longer lasting eye and to add a little more pigmentation and pizazz to other shadows.
15. Sonia Kashuk Casablanca Sahara Sunset Blusher ~ I take this with me everywhere I travel to. It's the most gorgeous coral blush you will ever use. Mine broke when I went to England :( WAHHH!! But I still use it and it's amazing. It's super pigmented and if you self tan like I do it just warms up your face and gives you the best pop of color. Must have blush.
16. Maybelline The Blushed Nudes ~ Everyone has been asking me to review this palette and I haven't had the chance to get my hands on it until now. So I'm really excited to try it out and let you know my thoughts. But it seems like a nice neutral yet rosy tones palette. It has nice dark colors for a night time look and some great neutral greys and rosy pinks so I think it would be good to travel with so you have a few options. I did swatch some of the shades and they seem nicely pigmented.
17. NYX Shine Killer ~ I haven't tried this yet but I'm super excited to try out a mattifying drugstore primer. We shall see how it works. I have high hopes for it.
That's everything that I wanted to include in the Getaway Bag. You can see below how everything fits in this bag so well, with plenty of space. It really is an awesome bag.
I hope you found this helpful and got an idea of the things you can take with you on your summer travels that can be found at your local Target. Wherever you go this summer, I hope you have fun and feel fabulous while you are there.
Be sure to check out your local Target or Target.com for all your beauty needs for your summer travels. Don't forget to sign up for your Target red card to save yourself 5% off everything you buy and free shipping online.
Love you guys! Thanks for reading. Don't forget to tag me on Instagram or Twitter if you have any fabulous things I might need to get from Target. Use my handle @samschuerman and #TargetStyle. You can also look out for a Target haul on my channel soon. I got a little carried away in the home clearance section :/