Hi My Loves!!
I recently cooked a super yummy dinner and showed it to you guys on our daily vlog channel . It was so good and I figured it would be a crime not to share how to make this recipe :) This was a new favorite and is very filling as well. I think this would feed a family of 4 easily. We had it for dinner and then left overs for dinner the next night too and it reheated really well. We all really loved it (which some of you know can sometimes be hard to please a toddler at dinner time)....
Here's the finished result! SO YUM!!!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1 Jar Classico Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Pine Nuts (I used half of the bag)
1 Pack of Aidells Italian Style Mozzaella & Garlic Chicken Sausage sliced
1 lb of Orzo Pasta
1 Orange Bell Pepper diced
1 Onion diced
Asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
1. Get 2 separate pots of water boiling with olive oil and salt
2. Add diced onions and bell peppers to a separate pan with olive oil and cook on medium heat until onions are transparent
3. Add orzo to water and cook until al dente (about 9 minutes)
4. While the orzo is boiling, add your sausages, sun dried tomato pesto and pine nuts to the onions and peppers and stir until everything is coated with the pesto sauce.
5. Turn heat down to low and keep stirring occasionally.
6. The last 5 minutes of waiting for your orzo to cook, add asparagus to the other pot of boiling water and boil for about 4 minutes.
7. Drain pasta and asparagus and add to sausage mixture.
8. Give everything a good mix and serve.
We added parmesan cheese to ours and it was super delicious. You could just add the aspragus and cook it in with the bell peppers if you wanted but I don't like the way the feel as far as texture goes when I do that, that's why I boil them first. You could always steam them too... however you like to cook them :)
The most time consuming part is just chopping up the veggies and sausage. Other than that this is pretty easy and fairly quick. It took me about 1/2 hour all together to make.
Hope you like it!
Please share a picture on my facebook or twitter and let me know how you and the family likes it :)