Hi My Loves!!!
I made this pasta the other night and it was so yummy and so easy to make. This is a great meal if you don't have much time and only have a few ingredients. Also great for people who are vegetarian's or someone who just wants a meal without meat :)
Normally when I make this I add goat cheese, however when you are preggy it's not recommended to eat goat cheese (I'm sure it's fine but I chose not to use any)..... I also LOVE adding pine nuts to mine as well but we didn't have any so ours was quite basic. I would normally add onions too, but we din't have any. Those are some great additions to this meal!
Jay likes to add some parmesan to his ;)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
3- Garlic Cloves
6- On The Vine Tomatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1. In two separate pots, boil water with a splash of olive oil (one for pasta, one for asparagus)
2. Once boiling add pasta (usually takes about 10-11 minutes for pasta to be done)
3. Cut asparagus into 1 inch bites and add to boiling water about 6 minutes after you added the pasta. Asparagus cooks super quickly! Keep checking it, it usually takes about 5 minutes.
4. Chop garlic and add to another pan with some olive oil. Cook on medium/high for a few minutes.
4. Dice tomatoes and add to the pan with garlic and cook on medium, adding salt, pepper & basil to taste. Cook until tomatoes become more of a sauce/softer.
5. Drain pasta and put back into the pot, add some butter or olive oil (our olive oil had quite a strong flavor so I prefer to use butter for this part)
6. Add your tomatoes and asparagus (drain it first) and mix all together.
7. Plate it up, add your cheese (if you like) and DING..... it's done!
8. ENJOY :)
Thanks for reading!
Hope you all have an amazing Easter tomorrow ;)
I know we will! I have a busy day ahead of me today, preparing everything for tomorrow!