Hi My Loves!!!
Just before Valentine's Day I made Jay's favorite meal that I make, which is Spaghetti Bolognese. It's a great hearty dinner that can feed a lot of people, or if it's just 2 people, you can always freeze the rest of the sauce and use it at another time :) It freezes and re heats super well.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-Large White Onion
4-Organic Carrots ( I prefer organic because they taste sweeter and cook quicker)
1lb Ground Beef (or turkey if you prefer)
Salt & Pepper
1-Clove of Garlic
(These are my favorite flavors so that's why I put these specifically, I've tried a bunch of other variations, but this always tastes the best)
(I'm not gonna say how much because I don't know how many people your cooking for)
1. Get your water boiling for your spaghetti
2. Get your large pan ready on medium to high heat and add about a tablespoon of olive oil
3. Peel & Chop your carrots ( I like to make them round) and add to large pan/skillet (whatever you want to use)
4. Dice your onion, chop your garlic and add to pan
5. Cook on medium high heat and keep stirring for about 10-15 minutes, so that the onions get nice and see throughish :)
6. Add your basil, salt & pepper (to taste)
7. Add your ground beef to onions and carrots and keep stirring until meat is browned (usually about 5-10 minutes)
8. Add diced tomatoes and stir
9. Add pasta sauce (I always like to add some water in the jar once it's empty and shake it up to get the rest of the sauce out.... maybe about 1/2 cup)
10. Add some more olive oil..... maybe another 2 tablespoons ( I never measure)
11. Put the lid on your sauce and turn the heat down to simmer for about 20-30 minutes. I find that the longer it simmers, the better the flavor. I simmered this for about an hour and it was AMAZING!
12. Once your put your sauce on simmer, add your spaghetti to the water and boil until they are done :)
13. Drain pasta, put back into pot, add some more olive oil.
14. PLATE IT UP!!!!
I always like to make some garlic bread to go a long with this meal. I just get whatever looks yummy in the freezer aisle :)
DING!!!! Here is your finished meal :) This was Jay's. He adds parmesan cheese to his.
Here was mine ;)
This is always super yummy as leftovers too. The sauce just gets better with time ;)
And here is what Mr. Phoenix made while I was cooking :) Some oatmeal, trail mix bars, rice and a ball!
Looks tasty!! He's a little chef in the making :)
I hope you guys like this recipe. It's taken me a few years to make it just how I like it.
Of course I'm sure there are lots of different ways to make this and different spices and herbs to add but this is how we like it :)
Please let me know if you make it! I'd love to know how you and your family like it! Post a picture to my Facebook page :)
Thanks for reading!